Three elementary schools, one charter and one high school celebrate their accomplishments
Viera, Fla. (June 8, 2015) – The Viera Company, developer of the master-planned community of Viera, announces a successful year for the town’s schools with five A-rated schools. Three elementary schools, the Viera Charter School, and the Viera High School continue to achieve by creating a learning environment that leads to above average academic results, as well as a high level of family and community involvement.
“Our schools are part of what makes Viera a wonderful place to live for families, and it’s important to us that we’re able to offer our residents such high performing schools for students of all ages,” said Tracy Duda-Chapman, Chief Executive Officer of The Viera Company and General Counsel of A. Duda and Sons, Inc. “Schools in Viera have maintained their 'A' rating because of our fantastic faculty, teachers and parents who are deeply passionate about our school system and want to challenge their students to succeed.”
Viera Schools’ Achievement Highlights:
• Manatee Elementary School added over 290 student computer stations, including laptops and Ipads. As part of the “giveback” program, students raised more than $2,200 for Family Promise of Brevard, collected pet food and supplies for the Central Brevard Humane Society, as well as toys and clothes for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren of Brevard. Physical Education teacher Tabby Best was named Top PE teacher in Florida by SHAPE Florida.
• Quest Elementary School was ranked third in the district and 10th in the state by the Florida State Assessment. Students raised more than $15,000 for charities including the Humane Society, Sharing Center of Central Brevard, Candlelighters of Brevard, American Heart Association, and Leukemia Society.
• Ralph Williams Elementary School received the Model Digital Learning Campus award, and therefore, was able to purchase $90,000 worth of laptops for half of its student population. The school’s reading coach, Jessica Webb, was named Reading Coach of the Year by the Florida Department of Education.
• Viera Charter School’s Parent-Teacher-Student Organization raised more than $100,000 for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) resources. The school participated in charities such as Share your Christmas Food Drive, The Giving Tree, Alex’s Lemonade Stand for Leukemia, Relay for Life, and Socktober.
• Viera High School was ranked in the top eight percent of all comprehensive high schools in Florida and announces over 90 percent of its seniors will continue their education in a college or university.
Viera High School seniors were awarded a combined amount of $1,935,000 in scholarships, including $400,000 to the Coast Guard Academy and a $200,000 Florida Institute of Technology scholarship. Three National Merritt Scholars, 17 Principal Scholars, 45 AP Diploma candidates, and 26 scholarships from universities make a total of 91 scholarships for Viera High School’s class of 2015.
About The Viera Company
The Viera Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of A. Duda & Sons, Inc., manages commercial and residential development of Duda’s non-agricultural property and is the developer of the master-planned community of Viera in Brevard County, Florida. The company’s integrated real estate operations include Viera Realty, Viera Builders, Viera Commercial Properties and the Duran Golf Club in Viera. The mission of The Viera Company is to create vibrant, livable communities that are built with faith, integrity and thoughtful stewardship of the land.