Chapel Hill, NC (October 3, 2016) - Minutes from downtown Chapel Hill and close to everything in the Triangle ((Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) Governors Club is an island of calm in an otherwise hectic world. Skirting the natural contours of Edwards Mountain, the community presents residents with forested hillsides, open spaces and postcard-quality mountain views. Surrounded by the beauty and tranquility of this gated community, it’s easy to forget that there is a world nearby.
Just outside the main gate lies Governors Village, one of Chapel Hill’s boutique master planned communities. There you can buy groceries, enjoy some coffee, grab a quick bite to eat or even sit down to a nice meal. However that’s not all that close to Governors Club. Below are some of other area sites, attractions and points of interest and average drive times to each.
- 10 minutes from UNC
- 20 minutes to Duke University
- 30 minutes to NC State
- 10 minutes to UNC hospital
- 25 minutes to Duke University Hospital
- Less than 15 minutes to I-40
- 25 minutes to RDU Airport (Raleigh-Durham International) which has 400 flights daily on 11 airlines to over 40 destinations
- Less than 30 minutes to I-85 and only 1 hour to I-95
- Numerous supermarkets are located within a 10 mile radius of the Club
- 10 minutes to Super Wal-Mart
- Less than 15 minutes to the Streets at Southpoint and Super Target
- 20 minutes to Sam’s Club
Arts and Culture
- 10 minutes to the UNC’s Ackland Art Museum
- 25 minutes to downtown Durham, DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center) and the Nasher Museum
- Less than 30 minutes to the NC Museum of Art
- Less than 40 minutes to the heart of downtown Raleigh
In addition to all of these, Governors Club is almost equidistant between North Carolina’s beautiful coast and the Blue Ridge mountains in the west.
Even with its park-like setting and out-of-the-way feel, Governors Club is convenient to the entire Triangle area. A truly unique place to reside, Governors Club’s location in the Triangle makes it a convenient and attractive place to live for all residents.