Chapel Hill, NC (January 27, 2016) -- In its 25 year history, Governors Club has won numerous awards and received many accolades. Designed to embrace the natural surroundings of scenic Edwards Mountain, the 1600-acre community is one of the most desirable gated communities in North Carolina and the mid-Atlantic region.
With its 27-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, 43,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse, pools, tennis courts, and daily activities, both residents and visitors already know what an amazing place this exclusive community is.
When Chapel Hall Magazine announced its annual Readers’ Favorite Awards last year, Governors Club was a winner again, taking home three awards. The community was honored with Platinum Awards in the following categories:
- Best Sports Club (Second consecutive year)
- Best Neighborhood (Second consecutive year)
- Best Event Space
Over the past few years, Governors Club has been recognized by other media outlets as well. Below are some of the honors and distinctions given to the community in recent years:
- Business North Carolina magazine has previously recognized Governors Club’s ‘Club Room’ as the “Best 19th Hole” in the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill).
- In a recent poll by local news outlet Chapelboro.com, Governors Club was voted “Best Area Golf Course.”
- Club & Resort Business Magazine recognized the Governors Club Membership Department’s excellence with a cover spotlight in the July 2014 issue and a special feature entitled “The Strong State of Governors Club.”
- In recent years, Golf Digest ranked Governors Club as the 15th best course in North Carolina.
Where is Governors Club?
This residential golfing community is located in the Triangle region of North Carolina. It is only minutes from Chapel Hill, home to the UNC Tarheels. The town of Chapel Hill has great hospitals, excellent restaurants and plays host to a variety of cultural and sporting events throughout the year. Governors Club is also only a short drive to the city of Durham, Duke University, RTP (Research Triangle Park), RDU International Airport, the city of Raleigh and points in between.
Visiting Governors Club Realty
Governors Club Realty, the exclusive on-site real estate agency, is delighted to introduce you to Governors Club and help you make it your new home. To visit their sales office, enter the Governors Club main entrance on Mt. Carmel Church Road. The office is located at 10100 Governors Drive, on the right before you reach the main gatehouse and is open Monday to Friday from 9AM – 5PM, Saturday & Sunday from Noon – 5PM and also by appointment.