Brevard, NC (June 2, 2020) – One of the biggest initiatives at the Connestee Falls Golf Club in several years is underway. The practice facility, already a substantial area of the course, is undergoing an expansion. The plan includes:
• Increased range capacity from 8 to 20+ hitting stations
• More targets including greens to improve practice quality
• More space on range tee to allow for stations to be rotated allowing for consistent turf to be used
• New top of line artificial hitting surface to use during wet conditions
• New short game area with drastically improved functionality. Larger putting green, practice bunker and chipping/pitching area
• Improved visual impression of state of the art practice facility
"We are excited to have this major project underway and look forward to opening the new practice facility soon," said Kurt Stegle, head golf professional. "This will allow us to greatly increase practice opportunities for our members and offer more training programs by our team of PGA professionals."
According to Stegle, planning for the project began last year and is on schedule to be completed by July. With this expansion, Connestee Falls will have one of the largest golf practice and training facilities in the region. The practice facility is located at the driving range adjacent to the tees of the first hole. It is convenient to the clubhouse and expansive practice green with adjacent parking making for easy access to members.
Connestee Falls Golf Club is semi-private with a variety of membership opportunities including a limited number of invitational memberships for non-residents. Visit connesteefallsgolfclub.com or call 828-885-2005 for more information on the new practice facility, training programs and memberships.
Connestee Falls is a gated casual mountain club community established in 1971 and owned and operated by its residents. It encompasses approximately 3,800 acres with half the land set aside in conservation and nature areas. There are extensive recreational amenities in addition to golf including four stocked lakes, a 26,000 square foot clubhouse, parks, tennis, pickleball and aquatic centers and over 14 miles of private hiking trails.