Construction of Activity Barn & 3rd Member Pool Underway in Bluffton SC
Bluffton, South Carolina (November 11, 2019) - Hampton Lake, a premier master-planned real estate community, recently held an official groundbreaking ceremony for brand new member amenities that will complete the Parkside Amenity Center. Parkside, which totals 16.8 acres, is the second and largest recreational amenity center for members of the popular and award-winning community. Previously, the community’s Lakeside Amenity Center won the BALA award for the Best Community Facilities in America. Hampton Lake, widely considered the premier lakefront community in the region features a vibrant and growing membership with over 900 completed residences and nearly 100 more under construction. With a growing offering of world-class amenities and a wide variety of home options and price points, Hampton Lake continues to draw new residents from all over the Country.
A look at the Parkside Additions
• The Activity Barn will serve as the heart of Parkside. The conditioned, 6,168 square foot multi- use facility is designed to seat up to 252 people for formal dining. However, with thoughtfully- designed and connecting overflow spaces, the facility can expand to seat over 800 for much larger events. A tiered landscape on the grass lawn to the North of the activity barn is designed to accommodate outdoor concerts and movies.
• The design features a catering kitchen, 17-seat bar, and outdoor beer garden with the ability to host everything from small member functions and community gatherings to larger sponsored weddings and events. A designated food-truck space next to the facilities will allow larger food service for special events.
• Along with the expansion, the current Parkside parking area will be more than doubled in size to accommodate projected member use. The additional parking spaces will be situated between the already-completed sports field/green park and the Crystal Lake sports courts, helping to serve the entire Parkside Amenity Center.
• Hampton Lake’s 3rd member pool is rectangular rimflow edge design with an elevated position overlooking the white sand beach and clear water of Crystal Lake. Lounge steps will run the length of the 25 meter pool which will allow members to swim proper laps, yet also cool off and relax with a great view. Restrooms and water facilities are planned to serve both the pool, activity barn, as well as the Crystal Lake Sports Courts.
• These additions will complete the Parkside Amenity Center which include existing features such as Crystal Lake, a 5-acre crystal clear swimming and paddle sports lake, and a 2.70-acre sports field/green park surrounded by a 1/4 mile rubberized exercise track. Bocce and pickleball courts, and a children’s playground are also completed and in use.
• Parkside’s design was completed by local architect Parker Design Group and landscape architect Witmer Jones Keefer. Completion of construction is scheduled for mid-summer 2020.
Hampton Lake is an amenity-rich, South Carolina lakefront real estate community near Bluffton, SC, just a short drive from Hilton Head SC, Beaufort SC, and Savannah GA. The 1,157-acre private community has been named the Best Community In The U.S. (BALA Awards) and was the 2016 BLISS Award Winner for Best Lake Community. It features a 470-acre nature preserve and 182-acre freshwater, man-made lake. Homesites start in the $90s, with homes ranging from the low $300s to $1 million+.