Greensboro, GA (February 8, 2016) – Reynolds Lake Oconee has been named to the new GOLF Magazine list of “25 Best Golf Communities in North America.” This latest award builds on the property’s long-established reputation as an outstanding place to live and a superior golf destination.
“We always appreciate being named to a highly regarded list like this,” said Rabun Neal, president at Reynolds Lake Oconee. “Not only do we have the best collection of golf courses in Georgia, but one of the most impressive in the world, all right here.”
Those six golf courses were treated to renovations as part of a multi-million dollar improvement project that touched nearly every facet of the Reynolds Lake Oconee community, as well as The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, a AAA Five Diamond resort.
“The good life is about more than spectacular courses,” writes Senior Editor Joe Passov in the February 2016 issue of GOLF. “You want luxury, amenities, natural beauty…”
Indeed, Reynolds Lake Oconee has it all.
“This recognition is a reflection of our spectacular staff, as well as the countless amenities that provide everyone within the Reynolds community the chance to enjoy all the best things that make up well-rounded lifestyle,” Neal added.
Reynolds Lake Oconee has 117 holes of golf draped across natural rolling hills and along miles and miles of lake shoreline. The six courses are:
- The Landing, which pioneered the golf industry on Lake Oconee when the Bob Cupp design opened in 1986 (originally as Port Armor Golf Club)
- The Plantation Course, also a Cupp design, the first course at Reynolds, established in 1988 and, which will reopen in April following a renovation
- The Great Waters Course, which introduced the legendary Jack Nicklaus to Lake Oconee, debuting in 1992 and renovated by Nicklaus in 2010
- The Oconee Course, an idyllic Georgia sanctuary where designer Rees Jones provides a pure, undisturbed golf experience since 2002
- The 27-hole National Course, designed by Tom Fazio, the recipient of a Spring 2014 renovation by the original architect
- The members-only Creek Club, designed by Jim Engh, the newest in the collection, open since June 2007.
Beyond golf, the Reynolds community offers a wide array of recreation opportunities: 374 miles of shoreline along Georgia’s second-largest lake; bass fishing, recreational boating, and water skiing; four marinas with complete services; the Lake Club Wellness Center and Peter Burwash International Tennis Center; dining and casual atmospheres at The Landing Clubhouse, the Plantation Grille, National Tavern, and Linger Longer Steakhouse in the Oconee Clubhouse.
Vacation guests at Reynolds can choose from individual cottages within the private gates, while enjoying a variety of amenities. Accommodations also are available at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge.
About Reynolds Lake Oconee
Reynolds Lake Oconee, located between Atlanta and Augusta, Ga., is situated along more than 350 miles of Lake Oconee shoreline and features six championship golf courses, dining, swimming pools, pedestrian trails, marinas, a tennis center and a wellness campus. Reynolds is also home to The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, a 251-room lakefront resort and spa, which was named a 2015 AAA Five Diamond Lodging and 2014 Forbes Four-Star resort. The community is located about an hour and a half drive from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.