Greensboro, GA (July 9, 2015) – Family-focused golf clinics and contests are being showcased throughout July for Reynolds Plantation members and guests as part of “Family Golf Month.”
This celebration of the game is a great way for moms, dads and the kids to fully embrace the tradition of award-winning golf at Reynolds Plantation. Family tees are now available on each of Reynolds Plantation’s courses: Great Waters, a Jack Nicklaus Signature course; the Oconee, a Rees Jones design; the 27-hole National, by Tom Fazio; and the two Bob Cupp courses, Plantation and The Landing. Creek Club, Reynolds Plantation’s private members-only course designed by Jim Engh, also offers family tees.
Guests of the Ritz-Carlton Lodge Reynolds Plantation, as well as families staying in a cottage or condominium, can add to their enjoyment of the famed year-round golf destination on Georgia’s Lake Oconee by participating in a variety of “Family Golf Month” activities:
- Family Twitter – Tag a family photo on any of the Reynolds Plantation courses for a chance to win prizes.
- Kids Play Free – Boys and girls ages 17-younger play free with a paying adult on designated courses at designated times.
- Family Golf Raffle – Scorecards for the Family Tees can be submitted following play for a chance to win prizes.
- Saturday Family Golf Clinics – Complimentary clinics are offered on July 18 at the Oconee Course (10 a.m.) and July 25 at The Landing (2:30 p.m.); space is limited.
- Family Golf Tournament – A nine-hole competition Saturday, Aug. 1, at the National Course (9:30 a.m. shotgun start).
- Mini-Golf & Ice Cream Social – Set for the Great Waters Course, with players shuttled across the lake on the “Spirit Of Oconee” on August 2 from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Beyond golf, Reynolds Plantation offers an array of recreation opportunities: 374 miles of shoreline along Lake Oconee, Georgia's second-largest lake, is ideal for bass fishing, recreational boating and water skiing; four marinas with complete services; the Lake Club Wellness Center and Peter Burwash International Tennis Center present options for complete fitness activities; dining and casual atmospheres at The Landing Clubhouse, the Plantation Grille and Linger Longer Steakhouse in the Oconee Clubhouse.
About Reynolds Plantation
Reynolds Plantation offers access to over 374 miles of shoreline on Lake Oconee and features 117 holes of championship golf. Located between Atlanta and Augusta, Georgia, this gated community offers a variety of dining options, swimming pools, walking trails, four full-service marinas and The Ritz-Carlton Lodge. Homesites priced from the $40,000s to over $1 million; Homes, Cottages and Condos from the $200,000s to over $3 million. New premium lakefront Property Release this Spring; two new showcase model homes now open for tours.