White Sulphur Springs, WV (August 19, 2013) - Tennis has been a popular amenity at The Greenbrier since the 1890s when the game was played on the North Lawn. The Greenbrier is excited to be continually adding to our long history of showcasing world class tennis. This year, the 2013 Champions Tennis Classic will span two days and include three marquee matches between four tennis legends. Returning to the court will be Pete Sampras and John McEnroe who will be joined by Ivan Lendl and Tommy Haas who will be playing at The Greenbrier for the first time! Tickets to the matches are now available for purchase:
- $125 per seat, per day for General Admission
- $200 per seat, per day for Reserved Seating
- Tickets to attend the “Meet & Greet” are $25 per session. Ball Boy or Girl Sponsorships!! Available for $1,000 on both Saturday and Sunday and include:
- (1) Reserved Seat to Match for Parent/Guardian
- (1) Opportunity to be a Ball Boy/Girl (10+ yrs. old)
- (1) Uniform for Ball Boy/Girl
- To purchase your tickets, please call 855-239-7531 (option 2). Schedule of Events: Friday, September 20, 2013 Private Activities for Event Sponsors Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:00am: Meet & Greet with Tommy Haas 11:30am: Meet & Greet with Pete Sampras 12:00pm: Singles Match – McEnroe v. Lendl 2:00pm: Singles Match – Sampras v. Haas 3:30pm: Meet & Greet with Ivan Lendl Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:00pm: Doubles Match – Sampras/McEnroe v. Lendl/Haas The Greenbrier Sporting Club This private equity club and residential sporting community is located within the world-renowned historic resort of The Greenbrier, offering luxury homes in distinct, gated neighborhoods. Sporting Club members have complete access to The Greenbrier's more than 50 amenities and activities set across 6,750 acres of woodlands, creeks and meadows, including three championship golf courses, equestrian facilities, fitness, tennis and a world-class spa. Lots priced from $159,900 to $2.1 million; Homes from $995,000 to $5 million.