In 2017, PrivateCommunities.com asked homebuyers who visited the research portal during the past 24 months about their plans to purchase a home within a master-planned community. Results show baby boomers are willing to spend more on homes than reported in 2014.
Topics shoppers weighed in on include: purchase history, intention of buying, urgency to purchase, price point, plans for home usage, desired community amenities, and if they visited a master-planned community before buying. Key findings include:
- 74% indicate price points from a quarter of a million dollars and higher – an increase of almost 10% compared to 2014’s survey results.
- 79% plan to buy a home within a master-planned community.
- 75% plan to buy a home in a master-planned community within one to two years.
- 84% are looking for a primary residence within a master-planned community.
- Respondents mostly desire fitness-related amenities; fitness centers, walking and biking trails, and swimming pools were the top three requested amenities.
- According to data from Claritas PRIZM demographic segmentation, the majority of survey respondents are baby boomers among the most affluent social groups in the United States.
View the free report here.